To Honor Local Difference-Makers
Marion Jones as Guest Speaker
West Bloomfield, Mich. – – The Braylon Edwards Foundation will host the Women Moving Forward and Reaching Back Brunch June 23, 2012 from 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. at The Reserve in downtown Birmingham. The theme for this year’s event is “Beautiful Minds, Healthy Lives” and serves as a platform to raise awareness about the “Braylon Edwards Foundation Health Initiative.” The initiative is a program that will partner with health and fitness professionals to teach children about healthy eating and being active. In conjunction with this year’s theme, part of the proceeds from the event will go to local non-profit, Think Detroit PAL.
The Women Moving Forward and Reaching Back Brunch honors women who have made an impact in the areas of education, health, the arts and philanthropy, while serving as an opportunity to encourage and empower individuals of all backgrounds to reach their dreams and help others along the journey. This year’s guest speaker is Olympic track star and WNBA Champion, Marion Jones. The honorees are:
- Arts: Aaron Dworkin, Founder and President – Sphinx Organization
- Philanthropic: First Lady Crisette Ellis – Greater Grace Temple
- Finance: Charles Rosier – Finance expert
- Education: Dr. Glenda Price – President Emeritus, Marygrove College
- Health: Eva L. Feldman, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.A.N. – Russel N. DeJong, Professor of Neurology, Director; A. Alfred Taubman Medical Research Institute; Director Program for Neurology Research & Discovery; Director of Research, ALS Clinic, University of Michigan Health System
“There has never been a more critical time to address the issue of childhood obesity. As an athlete, I understand the importance of eating healthy and staying fit and I look forward to sharing tips with kids across the State of Michigan” says Braylon Edwards, founder of The Braylon Edwards Foundation.
The Women Moving Forward and Reach Back Brunch will take place at The Reserve, located at 325 South Eton, Birmingham, MI, 48009. Go to www.braylonedwards.com to purchase tickets.
The Braylon Edwards Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to addressing and meeting the needs of under-served youth in the concentrated area of education. The Foundation’s goal is to emphasize the importance of education by providing scholarships and incentives to youth who demonstrate strong commitment and effort to excel in academics, conduct and community volunteerism.